<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 06, 2004

Hanging out with Mike and Ned in the backyard. Mike has moved into the guesthouse and built himself a firepit under the big mesquite tree. He and Ned were out there tonight making arrowheads out of volcanic glass. I had been moving some old railroad ties, in preparation for some yardwork tomorrow, and I sat and drank a beer with them.


Mike.


Ned.

Earlier I had gone to a couple of furniture stores and looked at overstuffed chairs. At Copenhagen there really wasn't anything that I liked. At Alexander's I found one, but then had to look through the fabric samples. The Todd Oldham pattern that I liked was outrageously expensive (about $500 for the fabric alone). I settled on a less expensive floral, although I only took down the information, since I'm not up to buying a major piece of furniture until after the house refinancing is done.

Earlier than that I had given a lecture at the Children's Museum, mostly to a bunch of three and four year olds. That was an interesting experience- the kids had no idea what I was talking about. But the parents liked it, especially the very cute bald daddy. Woof.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus