<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 30, 2004

Well that was a first. I sat on my front porch and cried because of someone's silly comment about my cat problem. You don't want to be around me when I'm upset. I turn into a big ole blubbering mess. Why the current mess? I guess it is because I have always had a soft spot for animals. I took care of them on the farm. Decided not to eat them in 1983. Two years ago in May I found four tiny, sick kittens in my backyard and bottle fed them, wiped their poopy bottoms, gave them their medicine, got up in the middle of the night to bottle feed them some more. I found homes for two, but it was kitten season and the Humane Society was just euthanizing kittens the moment they came in. So I kept Princess and Bear. And poor old Joey acted up, and my house has been awful for two years. I tried, I really tried to make it work. When my friend took the two, Joey stopped acting up, I could have a normal house, people didn't look at me like I was a freak or the old lady with a zillion cats. Who wants to date someone with five cats?

So having the two come back and trying to find a good home for them is really stressful and a silly little comment upsets me more than it should. I guess I should be more hard-hearted, but I've never been that way. I'll always be softy Homer.


Bear has lunch, June 2002.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus