<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 16, 2004

Ask and you shall receive.

The Other Brian asked: 1). Since adolescence, in what three-year period for you feel you experienced the most personal growth and change? 1985-1988. Coming out of the closet, meeting my best friend Les, going on my first dig, getting accepted in graduate school.

2). What is your favorite memory associated with chocolate? We were so poor when I was a kid we rarely got chocolate. One year trick-or-treating someone gave each of us a huge bar. To this day I always give chocolate out, because that was such an exciting moment.

3). Can you think of someone who, over a short period of time, significantly influenced your life? A woman named Beth my freshman year in college opened my eyes from the conservative background of my family to the broader scope of things. I became an ardent liberal that year. Later she went to business school and renounced her hippy days and became Ms. Uber-Republican, money this and money that. On graduation day I got drunk and told her she was the most disappointing person I had ever met.

Archerr asked: 1) What’s your favorite color? Light, bright blue, I guess. Used to be purple.

2). What’s your favorite food? Chocolate.

3). What’s your favorite movie? Polyester. Whenever I am sad I think of that movie and it makes me laugh.

Buck asked: 1). Do you like you, and what’s next in your future? Generally I like myself. I wish I had a tad bit more self confidence about certain aspects of my life. In the future- I would like to find a nice boyfriend to share things with.

2). When was the last time you and a bud went to a park to fly a kite, on a delicious Thursday afternoon? Like, never. I think I last flew a kite 25 to 30 years ago and honestly I can’t remember what day of the week it was. In the spring time back in Michigan we would see how high we could make them fly.

3). Define “delicious afternoon.” Doing whatever I want. It is all about me, me, and me.

Crash asked 1). If you could meet anyone who ever lived, who would it be? My fourth great-grandfather, James Ransom, who died in 1844 in Cayuga County, New York. I’d asked him where he came from, who his parents were. These questions have puzzled people in my family for over 100 years.

2). What do you love most about yourself? I can be pretty funny when I want to be, also a terrible flirt.

3). If the world were to end tomorrow, what would you most regret not having done? Telling George Bush exactly what I think of his fucked-up-edness.

Sushil asks 1). What is the most unforgettable moment in your life? Having your boyfriend of 5.5 years tell you he is leaving, with no advance warning. And having a nervous breakdown afterward.

2). What do you dislike about yourself the most, and dislike in others? In others, dishonesty. In myself, feelings of inadequacy.

3). What would be your perfect world? One in which the people truly had a say in how things are run, as opposed to the crappy politicians.

Dave asked: 1). What is the passion of your life? I spend a lot of time working on some family history books. It's like a mystery story- trying to find information and fitting it together to form a coherent account of someone's life.

2). What was your greatest compassion in life? Raising six kittens with a bottle- I learned a lot about responsibility and caring.

3). Do you believe in an afterlife? No, I think you get one shot at life. That is why I am so against war, violence, and hate.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus