<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

A tour of my cubicle. Open the door to room 7. Walk past the copier machine, turn right, turn left, and there it is, the opening to my cubicle. I've sat in this approximate spot for 11 years. The ugly tile is just plain ugly. Two crowded bookshelves, two filing cabinets.



Between the filing cabinets is an old Mexican pie safe, I'm keeping it there for Jeffrey S., whose house is all 60s styles. On top of the pie safe are a bunch of odd things, chief among them is my Divine Martha shrine.



It aint pretty or ritzy that's for sure, but in the 11 years I've worked in that space I've had some good times, done some interesting work, written and researched the history of southern Arizona. So funny to remember what my father said to me when I got my master's thesis, "Well you can come home and work in the pie factory."


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus