<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 12, 2005

"Are you in a shame spiral?" Les asks me. We are being goofy and our mouths are running a mile a minute. Earlier, I explained to Les a certain bizarre sexual practice that he hadn't heard of. I'm honored to be an educator (just like that other Homer!). Les and I have been best friends for 20 years now.


Homer and Les.

Today Abe and David and then Chad and Damien came over and we went hiking to look at wild flowers.


Hiking in the Sonoran Desert.

Lots of wild flowers are blooming, I think next week when Jimbo is here will be the peak week.

Unknown pink flower and prickly pear.

There were a couple of types I didn't know. I think the poppies are my favorite.


Poppies.

Or maybe these red ones.

Red flowers in wash.

At one point the canyon walls constrict and there is Archaic period rock art, carved about 2,000 years ago. Mostly geometric designs, along with some corn stalks and human figures.


Rock art.

Les is making dinner for me tonight and then we may make bead mosaics before heading out to a couple of Tucson's finer bars. Maybe we'll see you there?

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus