<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I guess much of the rest of the country is enjoying excessive temperatures.


Monsoon clouds.

Every afternoon the clouds billow up, coming from the east to the west. It hasn't rained as much as normal, I wish it would just pour. I get to work outside tomorrow morning and all day Friday. Luckily, it won't be over 100.


Agave.

Friday I'll be helping to dig a pithouse on the north side of the Tucson basin. Out in the desert in a spot that will soon be bladed for a housing development. That is the tradeoff- often I get to dig in really beautiful spots, only knowing that soon the place will be trashed so rich people can live in super-huge 3-car-garage homes. I wonder what will happen when the next really bad drought happens- where will the water come from to fill up the swimming pools for those folks?

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus