<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 29, 2005

The last 21 hours in pictures:


Dinner at La Indita with Brady and Patrick.

I helped out on an archaeology dig at a 2,000 year old site today. Beautiful desert- lots of cacti and animals, soon to be bulldozed for a new resort for rich folks.


At 5:30 AM, the sunrise is pretty.


Today desert, tomorrow a parking lot.


I used a pair of pliers to pick a half bucket of prickly pear fruit.


I saw a blooming barrel cactus near where I was working.


I was pretty tired by 2:00 PM.


I washed the fruit and mashed them up in my big pot.


After it started boiling, I let it simmer for 20 minutes.


I draped cheesecloth over a colander and dumped the pulp in. Right now I'm boiling the red liquid down into syrup. Maybe I'll make margaritas with it.

Who knows what the next few hours will bring.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus