<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 09, 2006

When I was a kid we would go out to the berry patch and pick strawberries. Mommy would mash them up in the big stainless steel bowl, using a tin can with the lid cut off to slice the berries up. She would drop some sugar in and mix it up and let it sit out while she made Bisquick drop biscuits. We'd cut them open hot and put margarine inside and then dump strawberries on top. Sometimes we had CoolWhip, Mommy was all about convenience (I didn't have real whipped cream until I was an adult).


Strawberry shortcake.

Once or twice over the summer we'd have an entire meal just of strawberry shortcake. Those were fun dinners, eating dessert for dinner until I just about burst.

I still like this the best, although I make real whipped cream now.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus