<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

When I lived with my ex's mother, while he was in Amsterdam, Valentine's Day rolled around. K. had grown up in rural Virginia, and had, a lot of the time, a hard life. She mentioned casually that she had never gotten a box of chocolates for Valentine's because her family had been too poor when she was a child and her ex-husband had certainly not been one to do such gestures.

So I went out and found the biggest, most elaborate heart-shaped box of chocolates that I could find and smuggled it into my room. Very carefully, because K. was a notoriously light sleeper, I tiptoed out into the kitchen in the middle of the night and put the box on the table and then back to bed. Sometime around 5 AM, I'm also a light sleeper, I heard her get up and wander out into the kitchen and then gasp with excitement when she saw her Valentine's present. She was so happy about what was to me a small gesture of appreciation. K. is a special person to me, and we are still good friends to this day. Recently she told me that she still has the box stored away as a special keepsake.

I may whine about being single, but I'm really, really happy about all of you attached guys. So I hope you all have a loverly day tomorrow with champagne, flowers, chocolates, and sodomy and all that stuff. I'm going to celebrate by having a little piece of chocolate myself!

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus