<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 05, 2007

How not to do archaeology. I wouldn't recommend having your lawyer claim that someone was salting an archaeological site with human bone and then sue for $472 k. That's just in real poor taste.

Where does someone get human bone to fraudulently toss around on a site? Why would someone even want to do this? I guess desperate times calls for desperation. Especially after recommending that no further work be done at a site, and 124 human burials magically turn up afterwards.

I have a strong ethical view about archaeology. I've spent 21 years digging and running projects. It irritates me that there are archaeologists more interested in making money than doing a good job. But I guess every rose garden has its skunks.

Tomorrow we return to more interesting topics, such as what happens when Homer and Glenn go to the bar.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus