<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 16, 2007

My oldest nephew Peter is a graduate student at Virginia Tech. I was sitting at my desk when I saw the New York Times article this morning that 20 people have been killed there by a gunman. I called Mummy to have her call my sister to find out what was going on, and she just called back. Peter is safe, he is at his office in his department waiting to be taken somewhere off campus.

It is a relief, of course. Tempered by the fact that there are many, many people who won't have the same news.

I hate guns. I don't understand the desire to hurt other people. These massacres seem to happen regularly here in the United States. What will it take before our society decides that maybe it isn't such a great thing to have so many guns readily available?

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus