<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 11, 2007

I bought my house in the summer of 1999. I was 35 and tired of living with my bf at his mother's house. It was convenient, but the two of us needed a place of our own. We looked at a rental house, an old Victorian downtown, but the landlord was elderly and strange and that didn't work out. One day driving away from work it suddenly popped into my head, "Why don't I buy a house?" That was a scary concept, but in the end it was a smart move, one that I wish I had done years earlier.

I worked with a realtor for a while, but ultimately found my house by looking at real estate ads on the internet. I wanted an older house with a big yard close to downtown. We looked at the house on Friday afternoon and I signed the papers on Monday, offering $500 above the asking price of $85,000.

\
Moments before I stepped in dog poop.

I feel very fortunate- housing prices have sky-rocketed here in Tucson, while wages haven't. I couldn't afford to live in big cities with an archaeologist's salary, so I guess I'll be staying here for a while.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus