<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

100 degrees of separation. People ask me, "Why no air conditioner when you live in Tucson?" The implication is that I'm either a martyr or an idiot or both.

Well, I'm not a complete idiot, I do have an evaporative cooler (aka, "swamp cooler"). It is quite effective when the humidity is low and/or it is below 95 degrees. Once above those levels, it isn't so great.

My house was built in 1927 and has the original spool and wires up in the attic. My electrician said a couple of years ago that it will cost approximately $10,000 to rewire the entire house since everything from the pole onward has to be redone. Currently, my 1927 wiring does not accomodate three-pronged appliances, so I can't use a window mounted unit, unless I run an extension cord around the side of the house. I don't happen to have $10,000 lying around, so until my sugar daddy magically appears, I'll just sweat.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus