<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

So 14 months or so until the election and I'm already so over it. I wonder whether Karl Rove is hunkered down in his bunker thinking of nasty things to say about the Democrats.

Speaking of comments, I rarely edit them. In the past I have removed racist or body fascist comments. I've edited comments to remove my last name since I'd rather people Googling me find my archaeological or genealogical materials first. You get 1,430 hits when you Google my name in quotes. When you just Google "Homer" I'm number 15. That's almost worth an exclamation point. !

I've removed a picture from my blog at the request of the person in the picture (he didn't want a shirtless pic of himself floating around the net). I removed a picture and text about a religious shrine, at the request of a friend who thought I didn't understand the solemnity of the shrine (I admit, I didn't).

I recently did not remove a post when someone asked me to, because the reasons they provided were untruthful, thereby proving the point I was making.

I don't make a big practice of editing or removing comments, but once in a great while it is necessary. I also do not restrict who comments, although I did ban someone once who made a threatening statement towards me.

This dull as dirt post is made possible by the chocolate cupcake I just ate.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus