<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It has been raining for the last few days. There is snow on the mountains. The damp and dreary weather makes it finally seem like winter here in Tucson. My feet are cold as I type this.

Brian was my saviour tonight, helping me to fix my Amazon Wish List. You are more than welcome to visit it. Those who do so will learn my first name. And my last. My real first and last name. Homer is really my middle name too.

In case you forgot, I was named after an elderly man who lived next door to my father when he was a teenager. Daddy would go next door to help him shave after he got Parkinson's. Homer died about six months after my parents were married, in 1953. My parents picked John as my first name because there were no close relatives with that name, they didn't want anyone to get mad at them. And of course John was the second-most popular name in 1963 and 1964, so when I got to kindergarten I had to go by my middle name and it stuck. I'm ornery that way.

Trachalio is coming to town this weekend, it will be nice to see him again. I can ask him what he's been up to in person, since his blog is a little behind.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus