<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 04, 2008

It is a rainy day in Tucson. I was sitting at my desk and there were a few moments of hail. A cute bird, whose head was covered with red feathers, perched on the tree outside my office window (it also had red feathers on its tummy).


Cute red bird. Later: Jimbo has identified the bird as a Vermillion Flycatcher (it's also a male).

At home I watched Mama Cat maneuver around the house. She still has partial vision in her right eye. I wanted to assure people that everything that can be done for her is being done. Last Friday the vet told me that something was wrong with the blood vessels in her left eye. I had her blood pressure taken (normal), blood and urine tests (slightly elevated protein in her urine, which is a sign that blood is being resorbed from her eye), and a glaucoma test done (the left high has elevated blood pressure, she is on a medicine to reduce that). She's going back to the vet again, although I'm not sure if anything else can be done. If the bleeding stops the blood will be resorbed and her eyesight will come back. The strange thing is my father had the same exact condition, although in his case it was from diabetes, and he ended up going blind at the end of his life.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus