<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Little Ms Hen is sitting right outside my study window, hunkered down in a bush next to a small air vent that is probably keeping her warm. I am going to buy some chicken food for her tomorrow (I've been feeding her granola and tortilla chips). She clucks loudly when she sees me. I wish I could catch her and pet her (I have always really liked chickens).

At work I sprinkle bird seed outside my window and the little red-headed house finches have appeared and that is a sign of spring. It has been unusually warm this year, and I have mosquitos in my house and there are moths and other bugs fluttering around the porch light. And my little ground squirrel has come out of hibernation at work. So I guess winter is over.

I made Spanish rice (rice, stewed tomatoes, black beans, and a little chipotle salsa) for dinner tonight. It came out very well and mother was happy with it, thank goodness for that!

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus