<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Two phone calls. The first was a woman from the Democratic National Party asking for a donation. Last year I gave a lot of money to the DNC and the Obama campaign. I told her that when Obama does something to change Don't Ask, Don't Tell or the Defense of Marriage Act, that I would give them money. This is the change he promised. Until then, not a penny from me and I am encouraging my friends from abstaining as well. I figure that when enough people do this the DNC will get the hint.

Our Dear Leaders in the Human Rights Campaign (who decided they were our Dear Leaders, I don't know) seem more interested in fancy cocktail parties and $300,000-a-year salaries than lobbying Congress to get rid of the apartheid laws. David Mixner had it right, gays and lesbians are being forced into an apartheid-like situation by laws that separate us and make us second class citizens in our own country.

The second call was a woman who asked me to stay on the line and listen to a pre-recorded statement. Some man I have never heard on blathered on about how Obama and the Democrats were killing babies by supporting reproductive rights (he used the word "murder" numerous times). When the recording ended the woman came on and I said to her, "I don't know how I got on your call list, I am pro-choice." That ended the conversation immediately.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus