<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 31, 2014

I vowed to climb on Flash and take the streetcar and bike to work.

For a long time Flash has primarily served as a clothes rack. I thought up lots of reasons why I couldn't ride Flash, all of them pretty stupid. So I oiled the places that needed to oiled, pumped up the tires, put my helmet on, and took a spin around the block to make sure I could actually ride. It was just like getting on a bicycle, I remembered.

I need a new helmet.

Flash is a very cute bicycle.

Flash.

All-day pass is $4.00. I need to find out the price of a monthly pass. It took 23 minutes to take the streetcar to Helen/Warren (the end of the line) and then 24 minutes to bike to work. In my trusty Ford Focus it takes about 20 to 25 minutes and sometimes longer.

Warren Avenue/Helen Street. 

On the way back it took 23 minutes to bike. Uphill, my legs were not happy. Then I had to wait for over 20 minutes for the streetcar to show up (they are supposed to be every 10 minutes). 


Sculpture.

Close-up.

In the morning at 7:30 there were about 7 or 8 other riders. This afternoon at 4:30ish the streetcar gradually filled up until there were probably 30 to 40 people on at any one time.

Starting out, before it got crowded.

I'm going to see about riding a couple of times a week. Good exercise. Also save about 20 miles a day on my car. Wish me luck! 


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus