<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 30, 2014

On Friday morning I watched as a tiny backhoe dug trenches at a sensitive location. In the last trench a collared lizard appeared in the dirt and I caught it and carried it across the street to a safe location, away from the construction work.

Collared lizard.

Yesterday I took mother on the Modern Streetcar. We rode the entire route, getting off at 4th Avenue and 9th Street. I sent mother into a bookstore while I went up the street to the barber shop.


After.

Then to the library and Safeway. For supper I made roasted Brussel Sprouts and heated up the last leftover Thanksgiving mashed parsnips and potatoes. Mother commented that the Brussel sprouts would be softer if they were microwaved. I reminded her that I do not have one of those microwave dohickeys.

I spent a lot of the time this weekend abstracting coroner's inquest cases. The last one I did was three men killed while cleaning out a cesspool, overcome by poisonous gases. What a horrible way to go.

I am trying to think of things to do with mother. She cannot walk very far. Stores are good, because she can push the cart around (helps with the walking). Have to get creative.


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus