<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

I recently watched an episode of Antiques Roadshow and it got me thinking about a painting I have. I purchased it for five dollars at a junk store back in the early 1990s. It is a landscape scene, depicting dunes and some foliage. I had always assumed it was from the east coast of the United States.

Painting.

 The painting is signed on the lower left side. I thought it said Amy Lyney, and attempts to find a person with that name were unsuccessful.


Signature.

So I decided to play detective and did some internet searching and found a watercolor done by the same person, this time a scene with houses and trees.

Watercolor, street scene.

I asked my friend Seth, who is an antique expert and he said that the signature should read Am. Lyney instead of Amy Lyney. Searching that name brings up a few other paintings and watercolors, created in the early 1900s, some in Belgium. My painting wasn't a Picasso or a Monet, but it is nice to see that the artist had a career and that there are other pieces out there.



The Brabantsch landscape, 1909.
Dames bij de bloemist (Ladies at the Florist).
 

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus