<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 29, 2016

Spring has arrived. Wildflowers are starting to bloom. I did an immense amount of yardwork and gave a bunch of plants to my new neighbors, Pete and Rose, who have moved into the house to the north.

I have two lemon trees that I planted. The house to the north used to have a beautiful lemon tree but Dan stopped watering it and when I realized that, it was too late and it died.

My first lemon tree is about three years old and this year it made two lemons.

On the tree.

Harvested.

I made creamy lemon pasta and Doug and I agreed it tasted great.

I am giving a tour of the other Spanish fort on the San Pedro River next weekend, so I asked Mark to go along with me and we went down south.

Overview.

Wall foundation.

The fort was in existence from 1775 to 1780. Apache warriors killed over 90 of the soldiers and they finally abandoned the place. Tucson's fort lasted until 1856.

Mark and I had picnic lunch at Fairbank, a ghost town. We wandered down to the San Pedro River, which has water in it. It was a nice day.


Mark and I.

At home, the little peach tree that grew from a peach pit I threw into my compost pile (all of my kitchen scraps goes into two different areas in my backyard instead of in the garbage) has decided to bloom for the first time.


Peach tree.

I wonder if I will get any peaches from it. I also wonder whether the dirt is contaminated with lead paint residue. My house was built in 1927, and I am pretty sure there has been plenty of time for lead paint to get into the dirt outside.


Blossoms.

Blossoms, with my recently deceased Cuisinart toaster in the background.


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus