<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Tucson was occupied by Native Americans for probably 4,000 years when the first Europeans wandered through. On 20 August 1775, Captain O'Conor selected the location of a new presidio fortress and August 20th is now the official birthday.

This year the group that I am president of hosted the official birthday celebration. We focused on foods and had food tasting tables from several groups, as well as women making tortillas. Over 200 people attended the event. I made the cover of the newspaper.

I was not arrested.

I also made the evening news. You can watch the story HERE.

I wore my Victorian reproduction clothing and my too-tight thrift store wingtips and my poor feet were killing me after I finished stacking chairs and carrying tables after the celebration was over.

Victorian Homer.


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus