<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 11, 2017

How strange to learn 16 years later that someone I slightly knew at the University of Michigan died on board the airplane that struck the south World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.

I came out in the winter of 1985 and became close friends with Les. I stayed at school that summer, moved into the house on John Street with Les, Janet, Paul, and Michel. Les took me out to the Nectarine Ballroom. He had many artsy friends and one of them was Jane, a stocky English woman with curly, sometimes dyed blonde hair. I remember her often saying, "Rock me hard and fast." She liked to have a good time and was stylish in vintage dresses.

So odd to learn that she died that day. I hadn't thought of her since leaving the University of Michigan.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus