<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Ruby chews everything. My couch has a big hole in it. As does my mattress.  I sprayed bitter apple stuff on the electric blanket plug and I caught her licking it off in the middle of the night. I had to put hot sauce on the corner of my wooden bed to stop her from gnawing on it. She does not like that. I put the vintage coffee table upside-down on the couch and last night she chewed on the leg. I was so angry. She is locked out of the kitchen and living room now. She knows she isn't supposed to chew on things, but I guess it is just something puppies do. I had to take her plastic chew toys away because she was just eating them and not eating her regular food.


Chewing.

It seems like the people of my child hood are all dying. Everyone from my grandmother's generation are gone, of course, and most of the people from my mother's generation. I laid in bed the other night and thought of them- particularly Jerry Burton, Mr. Cooper. The celebrities of my child hood- the people who would star on Fantasy Island and Love Boat, are going too. Yesterday it was Carol Channing. I watched some videos on Youtube, she was a very charming performer. For whatever reason, her death made me feel very sad.

Last weekend was Living History. We had about 150 people come through, and sold some stuff in the gift shop.


Living History, a soldier stands guard.

Matt stopped by and it was nice to see him.

 Matt traveled back to the 1890s.

I have been president of the group for four years and this April I will switch to being vice-president. Money has become an issue, we need more of it. And I lay awake at night worrying about that.

The politics of this country are so crazed. I have to watch Youtube videos of Scrabble games or vintage game shows to calm myself.

A valve in my early-1950s Visibake stove wore out one night. I turned the knob and flames came shooting out from behind it. About three feet high, it was scary. I quickly pulled the stove out and turned the gas off. I had an old-stove-repairman, Sidney, came over and looked at it. He claims he can fix it, but it will be a few weeks with no oven (I can still use the burners). No delicious cakes, pies, cookies, etc. I will probably spend enough repairing the stove that I could buy a new one, but I like this one, it has successfully baked dozens of cakes.


Sidney working on the Visibake stove.

It hasn't been too cold so far this winter. Haven't had to worry about pipes freezing. Buddy Dog comes in and sleeps on the couch when it gets below 40 (although I think his doghouse is probably warmer). Ruby has a sweater that she wears when it is cold and surprisingly enough, she does not chew on it (she has destroyed three harnesses). I put the electric blanket beneath the sheet so Ruby cannot get to the delicious plug, and I turn it on and night and she and Snowball lay on it. Buddy Cat sleeps either on the bed or in the cat bed next to the little radiator heater. He starts meowing at 4 AM, wanting his wet food. I tell him to shut up. Then Snowball gets on the desk and starts pawing at things and then walking across the keyboard, which makes loud beeping noise. I yell "Snowball!" and eventually he gets off and comes back to bed.

I know, my life is exciting. I finished one of my newspaper transcription books last week. Finally finished the overdue genealogy newsletter. Getting ready to start a dig on Monday. Have not been successful at losing weight. Why do I hate salad so much?

Did Retro Game Show last weekend, with Matt and Mark helping out. I was in charge of taking money and assigning seats to people who had not reserved. It gets hectic, I get serious. Had the worst customer to date and I probably over-reacted, he told me to "chill out." I did not appreciate that.



Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus