<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 03, 2020

Matt and I wanted to get out of town, so we drove down to the ghost town of Fairbank on the San Pedro River. I forgot to take pictures of the ghost town buildings. It was disappointing that the old school house, which has exhibits, was closed because of the pandemic.

We walked on the trail to the cemetery and stamp mill. We saw some fun critters. We saw several cute millipedes.


Millipedes.

Then we saw a furry tarantula. Matt was freaked out by it. If he hadn't been there I would have picked it up. So cute!

Tarantula!

On the way back he spotted a snake slithering across the path. It was not a rattlesnake. I do not want to pick up snakes.

Snake!

There were also some pretty flowers, blooming because the area has gotten some monsoon rain. It was only rained once in Tucson at my house.

Paper flower!

We went to the Fairbank cemetery, which is up on a hill. There are piles of rocks marking individual graves. I think we saw three home-made concrete gravestones.

Matt and Homer.

The scenery from the top of the cemetery is real nice. You can see the Whetstone Mountains far away. The dark green vegetation are cottonwood trees growing along the now-dry San Pedro River.

Pretty scenery.

Back home a stray kitty has decided to live in my backyard. Yesterday he meowed at me when I looked over the fence (Ruby was barking at him). He looked hungry so I got him a can of cat food. He was very happy to eat it.

This morning as I was watering Ruby saw the cat and chased it up into the mesquite tree. The cat meowed at me again. I told Ruby she was being naughty and took her inside. I got another can of food and climbed on the table next to the tree and gave it to him. Backyard Kitty was very hungry! As he was eating he let me pet him and pat his back. He seems very friendly.

Backyard Kitty!

I guess I have another friend to take care of. I will have to tell Ruby to not be naughty.

Pets!


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus