<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 11, 2021

We are having a very rainy monsoon season. July was the rainiest month recorded in Tucson. And here in August it has rained four or five times with lots of rain. When it thunders poor Ruby gets so scared. My backyard is a jungle.

Rain.

I picked figs at the Presidio to make fig jam for Living History.

Figs.

I cut them into pieces, making sure there were no bugs inside.

Sliced.

Then into the pot with some sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla.

Cooking.

I think I made about 10 jars in two batches. A couple of the jars did not seal so Jim V. and Rose/Pete each got a jar. They all said it was delicious.

Canned.

I've been going to thrift stores and buying things. I got this embroidered floral piece with an old frame for $2.00.

Notice the crack, the ground is settling in my neighborhood again.

There was a note on the back of this photo which allowed me to identify the family, the Taubmans.


Also $2.00.

At the St. Vincent De Paul store I got this granny quilt for $4.00.

I like the bright colors.

The pandemic continues. I reported two people to their employers for posting false anti-vax stuff on Facebook.

And this morning I got banned for a week on Facebook for calling a anti-vaxxer a loser. Ridiculous. I have reported people for posting anti-vax and racist stuff and they do nothing. So over it.

 


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus