<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 09, 2022

 Queen Elizabeth II and I were 10th cousins, twice removed, something I learned earlier this year. Our common ancestor was Thomasine (Belgrave) Frost (1562-after1616). We have over 200 common ancestors. This is according to data on WikiTree.

My mother was fascinated by the British Royal Family late in her life. After she died I found a bag of expensive Royalty magazines. Susan says she got up early to watch Harry and Meg get married. She would have been excited to know that she was a 10th cousin, once removed.

I was very sad yesterday. It seems strange to be sad about someone I never met. But she was a constant, steady person who I remember from my childhood, and really there aren't many people left from that older generation.

 


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus