<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 09, 2023

We headed north to Flagstaff so I could present a paper about the first ice cream parlor in Tucson at a conference. People liked the paper, which had nothing to do with archaeology.

When Matt picked me up we drove to the top of Snow Bowl and wandered around the slope. Buddy-boo got to run around and smell things. It was pretty and green (and very cool up north).

Flower and butterfly.

The next day we got up early and drove north to see the big hole in the ground, the Grand Canyon. On the way there Matt posed with a metal bear.

Matt and bear.

I had just been to the Grand Canyon with my brother a month ago. This time we went very early and there were less people. Buddy-boo was not impressed. Actually Matt agreed, it is just a big hole.


Homer, Matt, and Buddy-boo (Gandalf).

After lunch I suggested we go to Walnut Canyon. A thousand years ago Native Americans lived along the cliffs, building small pueblos. Matt liked that a lot more than the grand canyon. It started lightning and thundering and the climb back up the steps was no fun, don't touch the metal rails so you don't get killed and don't have a heart attack because of the elevation and not being used to climb up a 100 steps.


Walnut canyon.

I did a survey at Benson along Interstate 10 and at one point a mesquite thorn got into my leg. I noticed it in Flagstaff but we couldn't get it out. It got infected and I went to the doctor who gave me pills. Eight days later I squeezed and out it popped. Gross. It was huge.




Sliver.

Sandy moved back from Australia and is staying with me. We went to Rosa's to celebrate. I had the usual.

Sandy and Matt.

Last night Sandy went to Chaiteria for food and when he got back Clyde really, really wanted some of it.

Sandy and Clyde.

This morning we did yard work. And now I am waiting for Matt to show up as we start our adventure.


 





 


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus