<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

I have nine bird plates hanging from the picture rail in my study. I have found them in various thrift stores. Pheasants, quails, and some shore birds.

Birds on the picture rail.

A few weeks ago I got up early and went to an estate sale and saw a pile of bird plates, but they wanted either $60 or $70 for them, and I instead purchased five transferprinted dishes instead.

Yesterday Addison, who knows I like bird and fish plates, sent me a message alerting me that there were these bird plates at a thrift store. I looked at the picture and recognized the pile from the estate sale. The thrift store was asking $2 a plate and $7 for the platter. I drove over this morning and was glad to see they were still there. Someone honked in the parking lot at me, and it was Addison who had come to get them for me.

Quail.

I don't know!

Another quail.

The complete set, click on picture for a larger view.

I had to order more picture rail hooks and plate holders so I can hang them up. I think I have enough bird plates now.




Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus