<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 17, 2003

Books. I have been reading a lot lately. About halfway through Bangkok 8- a very trippy, informative crime novel. A heard about the book on NPR- which is where I also found out about Perdito Street Station by China Mieville. Mieville has a wicked imagination, I mean I don't know how he came up with some of his nightmarish ideas.

There are a few books that I read over again every couple of years. Malevil is the ultimate end-of-the-world story, set in fire-seared rural France. I have always loved the Borrowers series, at least the first three books. A Night to Remember by Walter Lord is a well-written account of the Titanic's last hours. Martin's Hundred by Ivor Noel Hume is the best archaeology book ever written.

My mother encouraged me to read when I was a kid. To this day I will pick up any magazine and manage to find something interesting to read. As a result I have a lot of useless and arcane information in my head and sometimes amaze friends by being able to discuss strange topics with some lucidity.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus