<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 25, 2003

Flash flood. I went out yesterday afternoon to do domestic things- buy cat litter, a new broom, a little rug for the kitchen, and stopped at IBTs on the way home. The night before a bolt of lightning had struck a tree on its patio (a sign?). Sunday afternoon is karoake and it is pretty popular. Ran into Michael and Robbie and chatted with them. Michael got up and sang (I'm not a public singer) and was really quite good. Afterwards went to the Denture Inn and ran into Mark and Rene and Douglas and hung out with them. It started to rain. And rain. And rain.

Tucson streets don't drain particularly well and most areas don't have sewers since it doesn't rain that much. Suddenly there was 10 inches of water running to the west, downhill toward the river. It ran for several hours before going down enough for me to get into the car. Lots of hijinks going on in the bar- amusing but I didn't participate- not my style.

And then I woke up this morning with pinkeye. Blech.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus