<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 11, 2003

King George II was in town today. I can't stand to hear his nasal whine, perhaps because I know that everything he says is doublespeak. I wonder what would happen if he and his cronies were to actually speak the truth. Lies and secrecy, that is what Bush et al. know best.

I call the office of Senators Kyl and McCain fairly frequently. "Where are those weapons of mass destruction?" I ask. I was assured repeatedly before and during the war that they were there. The lack of credible evidence was clear enough to me at the time, especially after Colin Powell gave his speech at the UN. I guess I should feel vindicated but all I feel is sadness that so many people had to die because of Bush, Cheney, Powell, Rice, Rumsfield, Wolfowitz, etc.

The War in Iraq has bogged down and American soldiers die every couple of days. The economy is torpid and jobs are disappearing overseas. My prediction- the upcoming presidential election will be preceded by the start of another war (no president has lost during a war) and/or we will see gay marriage as one of the big campaign issues. Either way, Americans will not be winners- unless people wise up and vote a Democrat into office.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus