<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 01, 2003

Happy Labor Day I've worked as:

A farmboy- my parents bought a farm when I was nine and the next nine years were pretty hellish as my father started farming right when every small farm began to go broke.

At a bus garage for the summer- nothing exciting here, except I discovered my fear of heights.

At a University library opening all of the books and magazines- a fun job, I love libraries and I love to read.

As an answer person at a student union desk- pre-internet, we could answer any question posed.

Was in charge of the magazine collection at a business library (worst f'in job, well almost as bad as farming). Me and 17 women, and f'in business school students, lousy f'ers. I don't know why I feel compelled to not say fuck- I guess f'in just seems more vulgar nowadays.

And as an archaeologist. I'm pretty lucky in that I've had a great career and have been able to work at interesting sites, find interesting things, and meet interesting people.

Enough work stuff- I spent the weekend doing a few necessary chores (cleaned house, washed clothes, yardwork) and a whole lot of lazy stuff- lounging at pools, reading Al Franken's new book- Lies (and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them). No big surprises in that book- basically all of the bigwig Republicans are so full of crap that if I had a penny for every time they lied, I'd be f'in rich and wouldn't have to work. But then I guess I wouldn't be celebrating labor day, would I?

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus