<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 30, 2004

Dog days. Seems like dogs are everywhere. Yesterday I went with Patti to the Humane Society where she was picking out a cat. While she cooed over a rather ugly long-haired tabby, I inspected the dogs. There were three in particular that caught my attention. A scruffy long-haired terrier mutt and a pair of older mutant dogs, probably let go when their elderly owner could no longer care for them. The dogs get so excited by attention.

On the way home I saw the old lady who wheels about town in her giant tricycle, with her big fluffy dog riding happily in its basket. The woman smiles as broadly as her dog. I'm glad that have each other.

And then a few minutes ago I called Animal Control on my neighbors. They live two houses down and raise pitbulls. The fucking assholes take little care of the dogs and this afternoon the two adult dogs got in a fight and ripped into each other. I peered out my window to see the couple trying to pry the dogs apart, as blood covered the beasts heads. The man was calling to someone inside the house to come help, that person didn't seem to be in any hurry. I hunted down the number and called and I guess being a dispatcher for animal control isn't a job for a polite person. She was very abrupt and really didn't want to send somebody. You have to give your name, which I did. I'm just sick of listening to the dogs howl, the male always wanting to get at the female and her puppies. We'll see if the neighbors come knocking.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus