<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 25, 2004

Washing away the blues. I've been a little down this morning, a post-Ex situation that lingers on and on. It is why I have avoided seeing him, because there are a few emotions that hang on including loneliness.

Up early this morning awaiting the appliance delivery persons. They arrive exactly on time. Justin, who was the young man in charge, had his name tattooed across the back of his neck amid a bunch of scrolly lines. Sexy now, but one wonders what it will look like in 20 years. I should invest in tattoo removal laser stock now. He was a whiz at hooking the washer up, and it works so quietly. The old washer thump-thump-thumped loud enough that I always knew when the load was finished. Now I have to open the back door and listen carefully.

Michelle is moving out and it looks like Chrissy is moving in. She's coming over to chat with me about it, apparently worried that her March 1 move-in date will be a concern. Instead it will give me time to do some work on the place.

A vegetarian shepherd's pie is just finishing in my oven. A Homer original, it sure smells good. I've been doing a lot of cooking, something that tapers off dramatically in the summer. If only these annoying, wasted feelings would taper away as well.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus