<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Gross, but true. I'd noticed this little black spot at the the top of my right arm. I'd poked at it a couple of times, but this morning I decided to really poke at it. I'd thought it might be an ingrown hair, which I've had a few on my beard. But as I dug at it (it was pretty far below the skin) that didn't seem to be the case. Finally after using a needle and squeezing really hard, I was able to get it out, a small oval hard object. What the fudge was it?

I took it to work and totally grossed out Jenny and Jane when I explained why I needed to use Jenny's high power microscope. I wish I had a picture of Jane's horrified face. Well, Jenny (who knows a lot about rocks) looked at the disgusting anomaly and declared that it was a little pebble (I was fearful that it might be an insect cocoon and I might have something terrible like Guinea worm [note I was going to link to a picture, but after checking Google images I decided NOT to).

How the hell did I get a little pebble inside of me. I mean, it was at least a quarter inch under my skin. Granted, it wasn't very big, but still... Blech, this beats yesterday's entry in terms of yuckiness, I'll probably never get to make out with any of the cute bloggers who read this, they'll all think, "Oh, it's Homer, the pebble man."

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus