<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 14, 2004

I had to buy a new tee shirt before John's birthday party. A trip to the mall, where pedestrians apparently think crosswalks are actually crosswalkslowlys. It took forever to find a space and forever to walk to Old Navy and not a cute guy to be seen.,

I go to Gavin's place to pick him and Kevin up.



I'm in my new white tee shirt, my torn jeans, my favorite wingtips- purchased for a dollar in 1985 at Value Village in Ypsilanti. Gavin and Kevin look mighty fine as well, we are a trio of heartbreakers.



Perhaps not as pretty as some, such as a pair of well-done-up gals.



I suspected that Panchesco would be there, and sure enough there he was, looking cuter than the devil. Jamie was excited to be introduced and discuss photography.


Cowboy Dick.

A quick stop at IBTs afterwards, and then a longer visit at the Denture, where I chatted with Reuben and David B. and Jamie and Richard. Everyone was smiling and happy, it was like one of the ladies' club parties my grandmother held in the 1950s.

I got a few compliments- on my new haircat, my clothes. When I was younger I had a terrible self image and it still surprises me to hear someone say, "You look good." If you had told me 19 years ago or so that someone would tell me that, I would have been astounded. Now, as a 40-year-old, it still startles me like a deer in a headlight. I guess you are supposed to say 'thank you,' but I always end up tongue-tied. Sorry about that.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus