<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 18, 2004

I've got spots of black oil paint all over me. Two and a half hours painting the ironwork fence along my front yard. Lots of these little decorative doodahs and paint splashing on my hands, arms, legs, and face. The paint remover got most of it off, but after a while I got sensitive to it and had to stop. The rest will come off the next couple of days- I hope. Still have half of the fence to do- sigh.

Having an old house means lots of things to fix up. It doesn't help that my neighborhood is having some ground subsidence issues due to the lowering of the water table in the area. Both my house and the guesthouse have developed ominous cracks over the last year- especially the guesthouse. Nothing you do about them, they mostly close up as the structures shift. But still annoying. My next project is to replace the evaporative cooler on the guesthouse and have some electrical work done. Also half of the iron front gate needs to be straightened- its been bent since I moved in. It never ends- but someday I'll have my dream house completed. Just need to kind that dream date to keep me company.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus