<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 17, 2004

A dream I had last night continues to run through my head. In the dream I awoke with a horrible hangover. I went into the bathroom to throw up and as I was kneeling in front of the toilet I noticed that my forearms were different- the hair was black and thicker. Someone comes in and it is an older woman. She says, "Pete, I told you not to drink so much at your sister's wedding." I look at her, puzzled. I'm Homer not Pete. I stand up and glance into the mirror and see that I am not me- I am a younger man, darker, perhaps Italian. Fast forward. It turns out that about one percent of the world's population have randomly switched bodies. My "mother" is terribly upset that her teenage son has been taken over by a 40-year-old man. Her son calls from Africa- he has been switched into a black man's body. The news is full of similar stories, including Laura Bush- her body is inhabited by a Chinese woman while her mind shows up in an elderly Swedish man. The dream ends with me calling Jeffrey S. to have him find some way to rescue me from the "mother" who doesn't want me to leave.

Being the practical person that I am, I lay in bed and pondered how such a scenario would play out in real life. For instance, the President finding out his wife's mind was in an elderly man's body- would George divorce her immediately (we know how much he loves same sex marriage). And the fact that I was transported into a hot teenager's body- not so bad. I've probably given away a great story for a movie or a sci-fi novel. Any takers?


Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus