<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Names. At the dig Gaylen and I compared stories about our names- both of us endured a lot of teasing because our names were so "queer." Corky had a link to a name popularity site- Homer ranks as number 321. I thought about this as I drove home tonight- about how names change and once common names are now considered quaint or bizarre. In my own family there are some pretty unusual examples- below are the first four generations of my direct ancestors.

Parents: Lee, Carolyn.

Grandparents: Morrell, Alice, Harold, Anna.

Great grandparents: Sheldon, Faith, Ernest, Blanche, Philip, Grace, Colonel, Maybelle.

Great great grandparents: Elias, Marguerite, William, Belle, John, Alice, Isaiah, Clara, Philip, Juliana, David, DeEtte, Elijah, Edna, Isaac, Anna.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus