<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Catching up. The last month or so has seen three people from my past suddenly make an appearance on Homer'sWorld. Yesterday the phone rang and there was Patrick calling from Germany. I met him back in 1988 when I was starting grad school at Arizona State. At that time the atmosphere at ASU towards gays was awful- I mean just plain awful. So he and I volunteered to go speak on a panel in front of a psychology class. A couple of the students were nasty to us. The big laugh was when one of the students asked Patrick if he had ever wanted to ask me out on a date.  He's lived in Germany for the last seven years and praises the attributes of German men. Maybe I'll have to go visit sometime.
 
Earlier I got an email and phone call from Brian. We had a bitter falling out over his ex-boyfriend who, unfortunately, had a drug problem. Oh well, after 10 years it was nice to catch up. And last night I chatted with Steve- a guy who dated a couple of my roommates back when I lived in Ann Arbor in the mid-1980s.
 
I just read Pua's account of meeting her birth family in Hawaii.  Oh, it made me all teary-eyed. I'm glad everything went well and she got to catch up with her mother, brothers, and sisters.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus