<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 09, 2004

It started to rain and I sanded the extra putty off of the door. By the time I started painting the primer on the rain was largely finished and when I glanced out the window the sky was pink.



Backyard sunset.

The sun was setting behind Tumamoc Hill, a small mountain where the Desert Laboratory has studied vegetation for about 100 years. Near the top of the hill are terraces built 1,000 to 2,000 years ago by Native Americans. They farmed up there, and because the terraces include some defensive features, were probably were watching for attacks by other groups.

Mike was multi-tasking, talking on the phone, drinking a beer, and watching the dog. Faja was single-tasking, "Play with me now!" is what she seemed to say as she ran up to me and looked up. She's a sweet doggy.


Mike and Faja next to my mesquite tree. The shed is in the process of being removed.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus