<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Minor complaints. It is sauna-like in my house, heat and humidity. My complexion is suffering, I feel like a teenager.

I managed to stub my big toe and tear the nail really far back. Ouch, at least I didn't scream real loud like the time I broke my little toe. People still make fun of me for that.

My replacement cell phone is making me re-enter all 65 phone numbers. Sigh.

Three times in the last couple of weeks I've been told that liberals are "haters." In all three cases this was from Republicans (including the two gay guys I've mentioned earlier). Today I left a comment on a Republican-run website regarding gay marriage and was accused of being a hater (as well as a cornholer, a little bitch, and a rest area sex addict, NICE!). This sort of mindset reminds me of Slobodan Milosevic, who used historical events from a 1000 years ago to justify genocidal attacks against ethnic Muslims. He would claim that it was really the Serbs who were victims, even though they were the ones in power. If I remember correctly, the Nazis also used it to justify their persecution of Jews. It is so strange that the Republicans, who control the federal government and most state governments and the courts, are trying to pretend they are the "victims" of liberal "hate." I'm guessing that Rush Limbaugh and his fellow mouthpieces are spreading this sort of garbage.

A non-complaint my purple front door looks so fabulous. But I'm sure some conservative will state that painting my front door that color is hateful.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus