<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Day of the Dead. At Holy Hope Catholic cemetery families have come out to decorate the graves of relatives. Many have flowers, but in the children's section people have placed Halloween decorations, toys, candy, and drinks out onto the cold tombstones, which lie flush to the ground. Nearby a pair of elderly women cling to each other as they slowly walk away. In the distance an open-air mass is underway.







Like last year I wonder why so many children have died so young.

Before I got to the cemetery I stopped at a local floral store, one that has posted anti-war, anti-Bush messages on their advertising board. I had read that they had lost a lot of business, so on election day I went in and bought a dozen carnations. Later in the day I spent an hour and a half canvassing for voters for MoveOn.org. I hate doing this sort of thing, but I felt I had to do something, anything to help the righteous cause.

And on the way home I chatted with Archerr and he told me a remarkable story. And a great photographer. Next time I see him he's doing a photo shoot with me.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus