<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 18, 2005

It is awful quiet at my house. The ceiling fan, the whirr of my computer, the neighbors' dogs barking, traffic. I can hear those, but it is still awful quiet. I wish the phone would ring. Maybe if I turn the telly on the noise will drive away some of the quiet. Maybe I should get in my car and go somewhere, but christ gas is expensive and I'm being good and not spending money and the idea of wandering around alone is the opposite of what I want.

Some bloggers are posting pictures of spring flowers- tulips, hyacinths, daffodils. I miss the spring, kicking the last piles of snow so that they would melt faster. The unexpected (sometimes unpleasant) things suddenly exposed. Pussy willows (I loved how Kathleen Turner made them so dirty in Serial Mom). It has been a long time since I've experienced the rebirth that spring brings. I could use some of that right about now.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus