<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Jimbo wrote about sports today. I was never good at them- I dreaded gym class when I was in school. I was scrawny and uncoordinated. Always picked last. Miss Sohiygan, the lesbian gym teacher, didn't like me. We had A, B, and C teams and guess who always ended up on the C team? Guess what grade I would get? The worst was when we did dancing for six weeks. Too many guys and I dreaded being made a "girl." I didn't mind though when Steven J. was a "girl." Even when I was 12 or 13 I knew he was a stud. I played soccer, poorly, in ninth grade. All I can remember is having two left feet.

So anyways when I moved to Arizona I discovered that everybody was going to the gym so I went to and put on some muscle. I kept that up for about seven years.


Homer, 1995.

After I met the Ex that seemed less important, and my gym buddy John moved to Phoenix, so I stopped. I really ought to go back, but I haven't felt the inclination lately. Luckily the body dysmorphia thing has skipped Tucson, for the most part, and more natural bodies are alright here.

I'm rambling on. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm still a bit afraid of sports, although I'm not a wuss like I used to be (I can move dirt as fast as a 20-something guy). I guess I'm more competitive intellectually than physically, and that is fine with me.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus