<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

At the dig Dan the backhoe man climbed down and picked something up- a small female ground squirrel that suddenly had lost her home.



I wish my camera had been handy. I wandered over and admired the cute little squirrel. She needed to get away from where we were at- in a few weeks the whole place is going to be bulldozed. Luckily, a few hundred feet away is being left alone so I took her in my hand and carried her to the edge of the fence. She curled up, tail tucked in around her head, and when I set her down on the ground she looked at me curiously. Someday I imagine she will tell her pups about the day the human patted her on the head and told her to run away.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus