<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 11, 2006

After the hike we tried to hitchhike a ride back to the car, but no one would pick us up.


Watch out for the bear!

The trail we had taken wound along the north side of the Catalinas- at one point we were probably at about 8,000 ft and could see a long distance toward the San Pedro River. Lots of beautiful wildflowers blooming and many small trees sprouting to replace those burned in the 2002 fires.


Homer and Forrest.

I thought the walking along the road would be shorter than going back along the trail. I was wrong, very, very wrong. Forrest was a good sport.


A rock alongside the road.

At one point we scrambled down a steep slope in an effort to cut a half mile off. I am part goat, I discovered.


Sundown.

As the sun went down Gordon Lightfoot's "Sundown" kept circulating through my head. Will I find you creeping down my backstairs?

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus