<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 06, 2006

A letter I wrote tonight to the local newspaper, after watching V is for Vendetta:

I am not afraid- of terrorists or immigrants or gay people. I am not afraid when the government raises the Terror Alert level and we are told to be very, very frightened. I stopped being afraid on September 12, 2001. I will not let the terrorists win. I will not let those governing this country frighten me. As FDR said, " All we have to fear is fear itself."

In this upcoming election we have the choice of voting for those who would like us to be afraid of people who are different, using that as a method for taking away the civil liberties earned by righteous men and women over the last 230 years. Or we can vote for a change and hope that the new people turn us away from this terrible path. Every election is important, but the 2006 election is especially so. It is a clear choice between fear or change.

Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

comments powered by Disqus